BAYOU HEALTH... why it's important for you and your family
Louisiana is changing the way it offers Medicaid benefits to you and your family. Louisiana made this change because it wants you to be as healthy as possible. To do this, people who are on Medicaid may become part of BAYOU HEALTH. This is to help keep you and your family healthy. You will still get the same benefits, but in a different way. Here are some of the main differences….
- You and your family will now be part of a health plan. For you that health plan is called LaCare.
- Every person who is a LaCare member will have a family doctor. Your family doctor is called your primary care provider, or PCP, for short.
- Whenever you need a special doctor, a hospital stay, or any other service covered under Medicaid, we will make sure you get it.
- We will help you learn about your health and how to stay healthy.
- We will help you find support right in your neighborhood as you work to keep your family well or even improve their health.
- You will have someone you can talk with at any time of the day or night. We can help you find the care you need, or answer your questions.
Because you are now a part of LaCare, it's important to understand all you can about how your new health plan works. Please keep reviewing this website by using the links on the left. It will give you information about how to get the health care you and your family deserve!